The top spas in the world as ranked by Condé Nast Traveler readers.
Condé Nast Traveler recently announced the winners of its annual Readers’ Choice Awards, ranking the best hotels, resorts, destination spas, countries, cities, islands, trains, airlines, airports, and cruise lines in the world.
It’s the company’s first year as one global brand, and Condé Nast Traveler combined the annual surveys conducted in the U.S. and U.K. into one global Readers’ Choice Awards list. Collectively, the company received a recording-breaking number of responses from more than 600,000 readers who rated their travel experiences.
“The way we travel today has changed significantly, and we know that is front and center in people’s desires and conversations,” said Melinda Stevens, editor-in-chief of Condé Nast Traveler. “As our readers continue to explore, we continue to listen. Our readers’ curiosity shapes our inspiration and ultimately our next adventure, and based on this year’s list, we’ll be making plenty of new discoveries.”
The top spa on the list was Ananda in the Himalayas, in Narendra Nagar, Uttarakhand, India, with a rating of 99.6, followed by Lake Austin Spa Resort with a rating of 98.95
Read on for the list of Condé Nast Traveler’s top 30 spas in the world and their reader ratings:
1. Ananda in the Himalayas, Narendra Nagar, Uttarakhand, India (99.6)
2. Lake Austin Spa Resort, Austin, Texas, United States
3. Vila Vita Parc, Alporchinhos, Porches, Portugal (98.95)
4. Six Senses Zil Pasyon, Seychelles, France (98.96)
5. The Ranch Malibu, Malibu, California, United States (98.74)
6. Place Merano Espace Henri Chenot, Merano, Italy (97.86)
7. Grand Resort Bad Ragaz, Bad Ragaz, Switzerland (97.7)
8. Schloss Elmau, Krün, Germany (97.6)
9. Lanserhof Tegernsee, Waakirchen, Germany (97.52)
10. Cal-a-Vie, Vista, California, United States (97.46)
11. Aro Hā Wellness Retreat, Glenorchy, South Island, New Zealand (97.45)
12. Golden Door, Escondido, California, United States (97.27)
13. Six Senses Douro Valley, Douro Valley, Portugal (97.06)
14. The Lodge at Woodloch, Hawley, Pennsylvania, United States (96.9)
15. Rancho La Puerta, Tecate, Baja California, Mexico (96.78)
16. Lefay Resort & Spa Lago di Garda, Gargnano, Italy (96.78)
17. Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, Tucson, Arizona, United States (96.41)
18. Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa, Ainsworth Hot Springs, British Columbia, Canada (95.89)
19. Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa, Koh Samui, Thailand (95.59)
20. Mii Amo, Sedona, Arizona, United States (95.58)
21. Brenners Park – Hotel & Spa, Baden-Baden, Germany (95.45)
22. VIVAMAYR Altausee Spa, Altausee, Austria (95.29)
23. SHA Wellness Clinic Resort, Alicante, Spain (95.2)
24. COMO Shambhala Estate, Bali, Indonesia (95.2)
25. Canyon Ranch in Tucson, Tucson, Arizona, United States (95.19)
26. BodyHoliday, Cariblue Beach, St. Lucia (95.15)
27. Euphoria Retreat, Mystras, Greece (95.15)
28. Chiva-Som International Health Resort, Hua Hin, Thailand (95.03)
29. Les Sources de Caudalie, Bordeaux, France (95)
30. Vana, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India (95)
The full list of more than 1,800 global winners here.
Of nearly 10,000 hotels, resorts, and destination spas rated, barely 15% made the cut.
The 2019 winners are prominently featured on Condé Nast Traveler’s website and celebrated in the November issue on newsstands nationwide Oct. 8.
Spa Executive magazine is published by Book4Time, the world’s most innovative spa, salon, wellness, and activity management software. Learn more at Book4Time.com.