Do you want to know what real luxury looks like? Check out Forbes Travel Guide’s list of the 2018 World’s Most Luxurious Spas.
Forbes Travel Guide has created two first time ever “best of” lists highlighting 2018’s World’s Most Luxurious Hotels and World’s Most Luxurious Spas. Fifty-eight hotels and 30 spas across the globe have received this honorary recognition, according to a media release.
The winners were chosen based on data gathered by the Forbes inspectors, who visit properties incognito and evaluate them on the up to 900 standards to determine the guide’s annual Star Ratings, which were announced back in February.
“We are pleased to recognize the 2018 Most Luxurious Hotels and Spas in our debut Verified Lists,” said Amanda Frasier, Forbes Travel Guide’s Executive Vice President, Standards & Ratings, in the release.
The word “luxury” has become ubiquitous. This is the real thing.
“In a time when so many properties claim to be luxurious, the word has become ubiquitous. Forbes Travel Guide’s Verified Lists give guests an objective, data-driven source for making informed choices,” Frasier said. “These illustrious properties have been thoroughly tested and verified to ensure that they deliver luxury at every turn. We are proud to congratulate everyone associated with the prestigious properties on our Verified Lists.”
The Most Luxurious spas
Forbes Travel Guide’s 2018 World’s Most Luxurious Spas list includes 30 spas in six countries, consisting of 21 Five-Star spas and nine Four-Star spas. Top countries are the United States with 12 spas and China with nine spas.
The companies with the most spas on the list include Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group with four; Marriott luxury brands with six, five of them being Ritz-Carlton; along with Melco Resorts and Velas Resorts with two each.
Top performers in every way
The list represents the top performers for standards related to ambiance and amenities in Forbes Travel Guide inspections for 2018. These the top 11 percent of all Star Rated spas globally.
Standards related to ambiance and amenities “reflect detailed attention to the level of sumptuous comfort, as well as luxurious choices and conveniences provided to the guest,” Forbes said in the release.
These considerations include:
- When inside a private treatment room, the ambiance is relaxed, quiet, private and comfortable.
- The spa’s public spaces are generously spacious and thoughtfully laid out.
- Amenities are always plentifully stocked and conveniently and attractively displayed in showers and dressing areas.
- Spa amenities (e.g., shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc.) are exceptionally luxurious in quality.
- The use of sound, light, scent and other visual elements combine to create a unique sense of place.
On the two lists, seven properties emerged as double winners with both hotel and spa named Most Luxurious. And one was a triple winner. These are:
Wynn with three winners in Macau — Wynn Macau, The Spa at Encore Macau and Spa at Wynn Palace Macau.
- ESPA at The Ritz-Carlton, Macau The Ritz-Carlton, Macau
- Nüwa Spa Macau Nüwa Macau
- OH! Spa Ocean House
- Salamander Spa Salamander Resort & Spa
- Sense, A Rosewood Spa at Mayakoba Rosewood Mayakoba
- Spa Botánico Dorado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
- The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Mandarin Oriental, Singapore
- The Spa at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain
Some of the other spas on Forbes’ list include Eau Spa, Manalpan Florida; Meadowood Spa, St Helena, California; and the Spa at Sea Island, Seal Island, Georgia.
To view the complete list of Forbes Travel Guide’s World’s Most Luxurious Spas, click here.
To view the complete list of Forbes Travel Guide’s Word’s Most Luxurious Hotels, click here.
If you like what you’re reading, subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates about the business of spa and wellness.
Spa Executive magazine is published by Book4Time, the world’s most innovative spa, salon, wellness, and activity management software. Learn more at Book4Time.com